Lore's Elementals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lore's Elementals

An archive of the good and bad times between a small group of teenagers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Woodwitch (updated, accepting profiles)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clur
hey there
hey there
Clur

Number of posts : 9558

Woodwitch (updated, accepting profiles) Empty
PostSubject: Woodwitch (updated, accepting profiles)   Woodwitch (updated, accepting profiles) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:34 am

the FVL favorite has returned!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a world similar to our own, there exists a gigantic forest, known to its residents as Istalri Forest. Living there are a large number of witches and warlocks, each a part of a tribe based on their type of magic.

~~~Known Tribes~~~

Most witches are Herbwitches. They specialize in potions and plants.

Earthwitches are miners and blacksmiths. Their magic allows them to easily locate mineral deposits.

Windwitches have no magic (a fact they keep very well hidden) and use pellets of potions, shot into the clouds with special tools that they make in place of wands, to create many types of weather.

Marketwitches
are the merchants and are mainly nomadic.

Beastwitches have animal familiars and know the language of all things.

Woodwitches live in the very center of the forest in a single village. They have complete control over Istalri's dangerous plants. They're shunned by other witches.

Elemental witches are a long-gone variety of witch. Their existence is known only through legends, and it is said that they had complete control over one of the four main elements: fire, water, wind, and earth. They died out ages ago, leaving no trace of their society behind, and many witches wonder if they ever existed at all.

Craftwitches specialize in art.

Inkwitches specialize in writing. Their tribe has very good relations with the soundwitches.

Ravewitches specialize in sound and illusion magic. When casting spells, they turn the world around them into a rave with light effects and blaring music. They are able to create further illusions or hallucinations, and can control sound waves. When sleeping, their minds connect to the "VIP Room", a dreamworld maintained by the leader of the tribe at all times.

Soundwitches are singers and musicians.

~~~Various other information~~~

The Language of all Things: This language is a language that all things, whether they be plants, witches, or animals, understand. It is an extremely difficult language, for instead of using words, ideas are sent out using pictures and impressions, which is then translated into the listener's native language within the listener's mind (think of it as a sort of weird imperfect telepathy). Not all witches can speak it, but every Beastwitch is taught the language from birth onward.

Fethrverna:
These strange creatures look like something between a dragon and a bird. With bald faces, scaled tails, and feathers covering their entire bodies, these creatures are about 5 feet tall. They're an extremely intelligent and sentient species, though due to their lack of vocal cords, they are limited to using the language of all things or a variety of clicking and hissing noises. Their intelligence causes witches to be extremely superstitious of the creatures: many witches view them as a sign of impending death. They mainly keep to themselves, hiding within the treetops of Istalri.

Superstition: Most of the older witches are highly superstitious, viewing events in the forest as signs of good luck or bad. Superstition varies between tribes, but most agree that a sighting of a fethrverna means impending death, a witch with a birch wand is a bad omen, all rituals must be done properly or the young witch will have eternal bad luck, and all woodwitches are evil and should be avoided at all costs.

Rituals: Most of a young witch's life is marked by coming-of-age rituals. They mainly concern the making of the witch's wand and learning the knowledge of their tribe. All witches have three major ceremonies: The Planting, The Cutting, and The Uprooting. The Planting ritual take place at the age of three, when a young witch will venture out with their guardian to find a new sapling, which they will dig up and plant at their home. The Cutting takes place at the age of twelve, where the young witch will then use a ceremonial knife to cut a branch from their tree, which is then shaped into their wand. The knife and wand both become theirs to keep. For four years after that they go through rigorous training, learning how to use and control their magic and about the inner workings of their tribe. At the conclusion of this learning period is The Uprooting ceremony, which takes place on the day after the young witch's 16th birthday. On that day, the witch starts a year-long journey to each of the tribes in the forest (except the woodwitches). This journey is extremely important, as it provides experience for the witch's future and allows them to make friends with and learn from the tribes and witches they encounter. It is a time of adventure, learning, and experience, and it shapes the witches for the rest of their lives.

~~~RP Info~~~
Rules: Typical rp rules, folks. This rp is also semi-lit, which means you have to take it seriously and post at least five sentences, as well as have proper grammar. If you can't handle it, you shouldn't join.

Notes: This rp has a basic plot, but is otherwise extremely freeform. your tribe's details are up to you. Your own journey's details are up to you. make new characters, make new tribes, go crazy. Because of this, no two rpers can share a tribe unless they're willing to work together to describe their tribe.

...all i ask is that you tell me first before you do something, just for the sake of me knowing and so i can add tribe details to this post. i'll let you guys know in an OOC in my rp post if i've updated this post.

AND GUYS. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK ME A QUESTION IF YOU'RE CONFUSED. SERIOUSLY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are a young witch/warlock. Today is your 16th birthday, your last day at your home for a full year. You have already prepared for this journey, and all that is left is your party and your departure.

Last edited by AvianOptometrist on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://avianoptometrist.tumblr.com
Clur
hey there
hey there
Clur

Number of posts : 9558

Woodwitch (updated, accepting profiles) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodwitch (updated, accepting profiles)   Woodwitch (updated, accepting profiles) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 am

pm all of your character profiles to me. If i accept them, they'll appear in this post.

Character Skeleton:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Tribe:[/b]
[b]Specialty:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (optional)
[b]Wand wood:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b](optional)

Familiar Skeleton:
(used only if your character is a beastwitch)
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

~~~~

Accepted profiles

Fira
Spoiler:

DK
Spoiler:

He11ix
Spoiler: